Monday, February 18, 2013

It's a....

Well Marcial and I found out on Vday what we are having!  We also found out that the baby is within the 63rd percentile for weight and does not have a cleft palate/lip.  However, the technologist could not see the baby's spine because of the way it was lying so we have to go back to look at the spine and the kidneys.

Finding out the sex was much more emotional that I had considered it being.  I think I had myself pretty well convinced that I was ok with either gender, however, when the time came I was very nervous. When we found out the tears came (happy or sad, yet to come...).  The whole experience has been very emotional.

I have been surprised to see how many women come and go to the appointments without anyone else.  I wonder if they have just done it all before and don't feel they need a support person, or if they don't have someone they can rely on.  I am sure there are both of those aspects at every clinic.

I am thankful that my husband has the time to come with me, and so thankful that I am in a strong healthy relationship so that I can feel supported as well as share in the joy/angst/anticipation of this whole process with someone.

Marcial and I in Houston last year.

I am also so lucky to have other support people, especially my mom, my sister, and my friend Annie.

Marcial and my wedding 2011

We are announcing the sex at the baby shower so until then it's a SURPRISE!  In the meantime enjoy some ultrasound pictures: 




   :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment